Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship
Take Ownership of Your Future.
What does it mean to be an entrepreneur? At its core, entrepreneurship is a mindset. It’s about embracing uncertainty, overcoming challenges, creating value, and taking ownership of your success.
Through LSU’s Bachelor of Science in Entrepreneurship, you will develop the knowledge and skills to pursue new opportunities and innovations in the startup, social, and corporate venture arenas. Our courses teach the ins and outs of operating, growing, and managing a business (entrepreneurship) and being creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial in an existing organization (intrapreneurship).
What You'll Learn
Learn how to generate new wealth and create social change that results in improved quality of life, greater morale, and economic freedom in your community.
Throughout this 120-hour program, learn how to operate, grow, and manage a business or drive change in an existing organization. Our courses build on the core business curriculum by focusing on business management, development, and funding strategies to increase students’ understanding of business practices and startups. Areas of study covered in the program include:
- Innovation & Creativity
- Business Law
- Business Planning
- Entrepreneurship Management
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Marketing & Sales
LSU entrepreneurship students launch startups, run family businesses, and innovate in existing organizations. With this degree, the possibilities are endless.
Career options include:
- Business strategy consultant
- Research and development
- Business franchising
- Venture capital
- Nonprofit director
- Operations manager
- Family business
Own the Opportunities
BS Entrepreneurship students can take advantage of these unique offerings.
- Pair your passion with purpose: BS Entrepreneurship can be paired with any LSU bachelor’s degree for 150 credit hours.
- Network with and be mentored by successful entrepreneurs and executives.
- Co-curricular activities: A broad selection of hands-on activities, including pitch and business plan competitions, provide students with experience outside the classroom.
- Explore entrepreneurship ecosystems in cities like Seattle, Austin, and New Orleans.
- Space to create: Students can access innovative equipment in the Ideation Lab, including a 3-D printer.
- $25,000+ Startup capital is awarded to LSU student-entrepreneurs each year.
The multi-disciplinary Entrepreneurship Fellows Program is a study program including two credit-bearing courses that encourage business and entrepreneurial practices in students. The program is open to entrepreneurship majors, on an application basis, who are entrepreneurial-minded. Fellows work closely with the Stephenson Entrepreneurship Institute and interact with top business executives through networking events and a formal mentorship program. These experiences give fellows an extra edge in the job market.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
"The entrepreneurship program gave me incredible opportunities to develop creative ideation skills, build new relationships, and explore exciting options that prepared me to launch my own business out
of college. My company, Carpe Momentum, helps individuals, businesses, and brands confidently share their unique stories through digital content creation. The time is now—seize your moment!"Daniel Ellender, 2019 dual degree in accounting + entrepreneurship