Benefits of Taking Summer Courses
Summer courses cover the same information and are taught by the same professors as
those held during the fall and spring semesters. Summer students also receive the
same quality of advising and support as fall and spring students. Offered in a compressed
timeframe, summer courses offer you many benefits:
- Graduate faster and enter the professional world, thereby earning a salary sooner.
- Take a challenging course head-on, without the usual stresses of a regular semester
- Stay connected with the campus community, including faculty members who could end
up becoming long-term mentors.
- Concentrate more completely on one or two classes to raise your GPA.
- Secure a place in a popular class that might usually have a waiting list.
- Receive more individualized attention from faculty because of smaller classes and
- Catch up on earning credits if you have changed majors midway through your degree.
- Earn additional credits toward a double major while still graduating when you planned.
- Earn credits that might transfer elsewhere, especially if you’re only returning home
to Baton Rouge for the summer.
- Expedite your educational timeline and possibly roll over TOPS funding toward professional
For more information on 2022 registration and payments, visit the Bursar's site.