Useful NMR Resources
LSU NMR Guides
- LSU Topspin 1.3 Manual
- LSU Topspin 2.0 Manual
- LSU Topspin 3.2 Manual
- LSU VNMRJ Guide
- LSU VNMRJ Commands (and their Bruker equivalent)
Bruker / Topspin User's Guides
- Basic 1D and 2D NMR Experiments
- Advanced 1D and 2D NMR Experiments
- 3D Triple Resonance Experiments
- DOSY/Diffusion NMR Experiment Guide (TopSpin 2.0)
- Diffusion NMR Manual (TopSpin 3.x)
- Topspin Acquisition Commands and Parameters
- Topspin Processing Commands and Parameters
- Solid State MNMR
- TopSolids (Assisted Solid State NMR User Manual; TopSpin4.x)
Educational Magnetic Resonance Resources
- Modern NMR Methodology - Textbook.
- Basics of NMR, online interactive textbook by Joseph P. Hornak, PhD
- Lecture notes from James Keeler, author of the excellent NMR textbook Understanding NMR Spectroscopy
- NMR Blog from the University of Ottawa.
- MSU Introduction to NMR.
Practical NMR Resources
- NMR solvent chart from Cambridge Isotopes
- NMR Periodic Table
- Good resource for papers and links on solid state and quadrupolar NMR
- Online resource for predicting standard 1D and 2D NMR spectra
- Spectral Database of Organic Compounds
- Biological Magnetic Resonance Data Bank. View and submit NMR spectroscopic data for biological macromolecules and metabolites.
- A practical guide to protein NMR - Assignment strategies, software links, general NMR information
- brief introduction to NMR Spectroscopy of Proteins
- Mestranova Data Processing Software. We have a site license for Mestrenova version 14.1 (NMR License file). You have to be connected to LSU network to activate the licenses. Once activated, the licenses will work from anywhere for 90 days. Installation instructions.
- Bruker Topspin Processing License is free for academic users. You will be asked to login or create and account. Once logged in, there is a button for requesting an academic license and another button for downloading the software that works with the operating system in your computer
- Magnetic Resonance in Chemistry
- Journal of Magnetic Resonance
- Annual Reports on NMR Spectroscopy
- Applied Magnetic Resonance
- Solid State Nuclear Magnetic Resonance
- Progress in Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
- Journal of Biomolecular NMR
- Concepts in Magnetic Resonance
- NMR in Biomedicine
- Magnetic Resonance
NMR Books available at LSU Library
- Principles of Magnetic Resoance – C. P.Slichter
- Principles of Nuclear Magnetism – A. Abragam
- Principles of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance in One and Two Dimensions – Richard R. Ernst, Geoffrey Bodenhausen, and Alexander Wokawn
- Multidimensional Solid-State NMR of Polymers – K. Schmidt-Rohr and H. W. Spiess
- Essential NMR for Scientists and Engineers -Bernhard Blümich
- Solid State NMR Spectroscopy for Biopolymers: Principles and Applications- Hazime Saitô, Isao Ando, and Akira Naito
- Protein NMR Spectroscopy: Principles and Practice – John Kavanah et al.
- Fundamentals of Protein NMR Spectroscopy – Gordon S. Rule and T. Kevin Hitchens
- Structural Biology: Practical NMR Applications – Quincy Teng
- Understanding NMR Spectroscopy – James Keeler
- NMR for Chemists and Biologists – Rodrigo J Carbajo and José L. Neira
- Protein MR Spectroscopy: Practical Techniques and Applications – Lu-Yun Lian and Gordon Roberts (ed)
- NMR Spectroscopy Explained – Neil E. Jacobsen
- Solving Problems with NMR Spectroscopy – Atta-ur-Rahman, Mahammad Iqbal Choudhary and Atia-tul-Wahab
- Basic One and Two Dimensional NMR Spectroscopy Experiments - Horst Friebolin
Videos on NMR
- Collection of videos posted by ANZMAG include 14 lectures presented by James Keeler, covering many of the chapters from his excellent textbook titled Understanding of NMR Spectroscopy.
- ENC (Experimental NMR Conference) archive of tutorial and Günther Laukien Prize lectures.
- POKY (Lee Group at UC Denver)
Southeast Magnetic Resonance Conference