The mark of highest achievement in management scholarship.
The LSU PhD in Business Administration with a concentration in management program develops trained professionals qualified to instruct in a university environment and conduct innovative scholarly research. The program teaches students to master the content of management theory and research methodology, conduct research, communicate research results in writing and through presentations, and teach undergraduate management courses. All candidates are required to demonstrate knowledge in a broad domain of management and a focused area of concentration in either organizational behavior/human resource management or strategic management.
The LSU Advantage
There are numerous benefits to earning a PhD in management at LSU
- A limited and selective enrollment that provides students opportunities to develop personal and professional ties with faculty and fellow students
- Opportunities to work with faculty actively engaged in a wide range of on-going research projects, the results of which are regularly reported in leading social science journals
- Competitive funding for research and teaching assistantships. Students are also eligible for fellowships and other awards offered by the LSU Graduate School. To better develop research skills, students typically work with faculty as research assistants the first several years of the program. More senior students may also be given teaching responsibilities to develop their teaching skills.
- Financial support for research and travel to professional conferences
- Access to an extensive range of library resources, computerized and on-line databases, and statistical software for classroom applications and research
Beyond the PhD
Our alumni enjoy successful careers in academia at major colleges and universities in the US and abroad. Institutions that employ our graduates:
- Auburn University
- Bradley University
- University of Alabama
- Florida State University
- Texas Tech University
- Mississippi State University
- University of Wyoming
- City University of Hong Kong
- Makerere University (Uganda)
- University of Mary Washington
Professor & Director of Graduate Studies - PhD Program
William W. Rucks IV Endowed Chair and Professor of Management
With a focus on research methods, Professor Thomas Greckhamer promotes a better understanding of methodologies applied in organizational and strategy research. His work has not gone unnoticed. Greckhamer has served as associate editor of Organizational Research Methods since 2016. Greckhamer researched strategic management, including successful and unsuccessful configurations of firm strategies and executive compensation. In addition to his teaching and research roles, Greckhamer directs the PhD program for the Rucks Department of Management.