About the Application
Application Opens January 18, 2022
Deadline: March 18, 2022
Notification of 2022 Selected Cohort: April 1, 2022
The 2022 Cohort will begin research activities in summer 2022.
You may qualify for this program if...
You are a sophomore or junior
You have a 3.0 or higher
Your career goals involve a research-related profession
..and one or more of the following criteria apply:
Neither parent has a four-year college degree and you have financial need that meets federal guidelines
You identify with an ethnic group that is underrepresented in graduate education
Application Process Details
The application is submitted online via a customized LSU McNair Award Spring site. There, you can start, stop, and finish the application at any time using your login and password. The application consists of the following:
- General Information about the candidate
- Information regarding need (highest education level of parents and family income)
- Three candidate evaluations; at least one must be a faculty member - AwardSpring Automates this using your recommender's emails
- Essay of no more than 500 words answering the following prompts: How does graduate school fit into your career goals? What are your educational and research interests? How can the McNair Research Scholars Program assisting you in achieving your professional goals?
A note on need determination:
- Need is a key criteria in determining program eligibility. Need is determined by the highest level of educational attainment of an applicant's parent(s)/guardian(s) and the applicant's family's taxable income. Candidates give permission for the LSU McNair Program to obtain family financial information from the FASFA.
Application materials are confidential and for applicant evaluation purposes only. Our infrastructure sits behind a powerful web application firewall that continuously monitors all our systems and actively mitigates any new threats.
Please direct any questions about the application to firstname.lastname@example.org