Ivan Agullo, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Physics
Ph.D., 2009 - University of Valencia
Louisiana State University
Department of Physics & Astronomy
241-B Nicholson Hall, Tower Dr.
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-4001
I am a theoretical physicist with research interests in the areas of gravitational physics and quantum information. At the present time, I am involved in projects concerning several aspects of quantum field theory in curved spacetimes and its application, relativistic quantum information, classical and quantum cosmology, black hole physics, gravitational waves, quantum optics and quantum science and technology. I am a member of the Theoretical and Experimental General Relativity group [LINK: https://www.lsu.edu/physics/research/general-relativity.php], and of the Quantum Science and Technology group of Louisiana State University [LINK: http://quantum.phys.lsu.edu]
Current and Selected Publications
1.I. Agullo, B. Brady, D. Kranas, Stimulating the Quantum Aspects of an Optical Analog White-Black Hole, (under review). arXiv:2107.10217.
2. I. Agullo, V. Cardoso, A. del Rio, M. Maggiore, J. Pullin, Potential gravitational-wave signatures of quantum gravity, Phys. Rev. Lett. 126 4 041302 (2021).
3.I. Agullo, D. Kranas, V. Sreenath, Large scale anomalies in the CMB and non-Gaussianity in bouncing cosmologies, Class. Quantum. Grav. 38 6 065010 (2021).
4. I. Agullo, J. Olmedo, and S. Vijayakumar, Hamiltonian theory of classical and quantum gauge invariant perturbations in Bianchi I spacetimes, spacetimes Phys. Rev. D 101 12, 123531 (2020).
5. I. Agullo, J. Olmedo, and S. Vijayakumar, Predictions for the CMB from an anisotropic quantum bounce, Phys. Rev. Lett. 124 25 251301 (2020).
6. A. del Rio, N. Sanchis, V. Mewes, I. Agullo, J. Font, J. Navarro-Salas, Spontaneous creation of circularly polarized photons in chiral astrophysical systems, Phys. Rev. Lett. 124 21 211301 (2020).
7. Agullo, B. Bolliet, and V. Shreenath, Non-Gaussianity in loop quantum cosmology, Phys. Rev D 97 066021 (2018).
8. I. Agullo, A. del Rio, and J. Navarro-Salas, Classical and quantum aspects of electric- magnetic duality rotations in curved spacetimes, Phys.Rev. D 98 12 125001, (2018).
9. I. Agullo, J. Navarro-Salas, and A. del Rio, Electromagnetic duality anomaly in curved spacetimes, Phys. Rev. Lett. 118 111301 (2017).
10. I. Agullo, Loop quantum cosmology, non-gaussianity, and CMB power asymmetry, Phys. Rev. D 92 064038 (2015).
11. I. Agullo and A. Ashtekar, Unitarity an ultraviolet regularity in cosmology, Phys. Rev. D 92 06438 (2015).
12. I. Agullo, and Noah A. Morris, Detailed analysis of the predictions of loop quantum cosmology for the primordial power spectra, Phys. Rev. D 92 124040 (2015).
13.I. Agullo, A. Ashtekar and W. Nelson, The pre-inflationary dynamics of loop quantum cosmology: Confronting quantum gravity with observations, Class. Quant. Grav. 30, 085014 (2013).
14. I. Agullo, A. Ashtekar and W. Nelson, An extension of the theory of cosmological perturbations to the Planck regime, Phys. Rev. D 87 043507 (2013).
15. I. Agullo, A. Ashtekar and W. Nelson, A quantum gravity extension of the inflationary scenario, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 251301 (2012).
16. I. Agullo, and S. Shandera, Large non-gaussian halo bias from single field inflation, JCAP 1209, 007 (2012).
17. I. Agullo, and L. Parker, Non-Gaussianities and the stimulated creation of quanta in the inflationary universe, Phys. Rev. D 83, 063516 (2011).
18. I. Agullo, J. Navarro-Salas, G.J. Olmo, and L. Parker, Hawking radiation by Kerr black holes and conformal symmetry, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 211305 (2010).
19. I. Agullo, J. F.Barbero G., E. Fernandez-Borja, J. Diaz-Polo, and E. J. S. Villasenor, Detailed black hole state counting in loop quantum gravity, Phys. Rev. D, 82, 084029 (2010).
20. I. Agullo, J. Navarro-Salas, G.J. Olmo, and L. Parker, Revising the Predictions of Inflation for the Cosmic Microwave Background Anisotropies, Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 06131 (2009).
21. I. Agullo, J.F. Barbero G., E. Fernandez-Borja, J. Diaz-Polo, and E. J. S. Villasenor, Black Hole State Counting in Loop Quantum Gravity: A Number-Theoretical Approach, Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 211301 (2008).
22. I. Agullo, J. Navarro-Salas, and G.J. Olmo, Black hole radiance, short distances and TeV-Gravity, Phys. Rev. Lett. 97,041302 (2006).