BD Program Application Process
The BD Program takes a comprehensive approach to facilitating the holistic development of its doctoral fellows. Emphasis is placed on providing mentoring, professional development, and networking opportunities in support of racial and ethnic groups historically underrepresented in STEM disciplines These groups include: African-American/Black, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander or Hispanic/Latinx.
BD applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA
- BS degree from any LS-AMP institution and participation in LS-AMP activities
- Admission to the LSU Graduate School and a STEM PhD program
- Must not currently have an advanced degree in STEM (MS, PhD) unless required by the doctoral program
- GRE scores are optional
Prospective fellows must be admitted to a STEM PhD program at LSU to be considered for the BD Program. Your LSU Graduate School application must be submitted by December 1. Please complete the Interest Form below. You will be prompted to upload a copy of your curriculum vita (CV) or resume.