PhD, Rice University
Inaugural Chair, Department of African & African American Studies
Office: 337 Hatcher Hall, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803
Research Interests: African American Religious Traditions, African American Religious Thought , African American Religion and Esotericism, Religion and Psychoanalysis, Religion and Embodiment, Theory and Method in the Study of Religion, Religion in America
Ph.D. Department of Anthropology, Aarhus University, Denmark.
Asst. Professor, African and African American Studies
Office: 341 Hatcher Hall, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70803
Ph.D., The University of Alabama
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology
- Equity. AAAS practices and advocates fair distribution of resources. opportunities. labor, and reward and advocates for the for the distribution of such in accordance with degree of past harm and present needs.
- Excellence: AAAS strives for the highest distinction and outstanding achievement in scholarship, instruction, professional service, administration, and leadership
- Justice: AAAS works for the transformation of structures, practices, policies, and ideas that inhibit and curtail human flourishing by engaging in self- conscious and ethical treatment of individuals and communities.
- Respect. AAAS shows regard for the humanity of others and honors human difference and sameness.
- Scholarship: AAAS seeks the creation and dissemination of knowledge, productivity, innovation and socially transformative ideas, at the highest level of intellectual attainment.
PhD, University at Albany, State University of New York
Associate Dean of Humanities and Social Sciences
LSU Faculty Athletics Representative Louisiana State University
Office: 132B Hodges Hall, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Research Interests: Race and Ethnicity, Wealth Inequality, Asset Poverty, Sociology of Sport
Ph.D. Assistant Professor - Political Science
239 Stubbs Hall
Bachelor's Degree: B.S., Truman State University, Master's Degree: M.A., Southern Illinois University (Sociology); M.A., Indiana University (African-American Studies); M.A., Indiana University (Political Science) PhD: Indiana University.
Ph.D., Cultural Studies, UC Davis
Assistant Professor, Department of Geography