Systems Engineering encompasses the disciplines of communications, signal processing and automatic control. Course offerings cover both the modern theory and contemporary applications to prototype systems. Programs in this study area provide abroad foundation for work in communication networks, digital signal processing, robust control and identification, system optimization and stability, signal detection, computer based process control, neural networks, array processing, coding and cryptography. These topics interface with other programs in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, to provide many opportunities for interdisciplinary study.
Course work requirements for thesis and nonthesis programs are given in the Graduate Handbook. Typical degree programs are drawn from the following selections:
- EE 4120 Network Analysis
- EE 4150 Digital Signal Processing
- EE 4240 Linear Circuit Design
- EE 4580 Control System Design
- EE 4610 Analog Communication
- EE 4625 Digital Communication and Networking
- EE 4660 Random Processes I
- EE 4710 Communications in Computing
- EE 7120 Linear Active Network Analysis Synthesis
- EE 7130 Computer-Aided Network Analysis
- EE 7150 Theory & Application Advanced Digital Signal Processing
- EE 7510 Advanced Control Systems
- EE 7520 Optimal Control Theory
- EE 7525 Robust Control
- EE 7530 System Identification
- EE 7540 Optimization of Stochastic Systems
- EE 7560 Modern System Science
- EE 7570 Nonlinear System Analysis
- EE 7580 Computer Process Control
- EE 7585 Advanced Digital Control Systems
- EE 7610 Analog Communication
- EE 7620 Digital Communication
- EE 7630 Detection and Estimation Theory
- EE 7640 Info. Theory,Coding,Cryptography
- EE 7660 Random Processes II
- EE 4270 Optical Electronics
- EE 7242 VLSI Systems
- EE 7420 Power System Dynamics
- EE 7730 Image Analysis I
- EE 7740 Image Analysis II
- EE 7750 Mach. Recog. Patterns
- CSC 4444 Artificial Intelligence
- Math 4025 Opt. Theory & Appl.
- Math 4158 Foundations of Math.
- Math 7310 Elementary Prob. Theory
- Math 7330 Functional Analysis
- Math 7340 Prob., Measure & Integ.
Currently, research in being conducted in the areas of robust control and system identification, time-varying systems, high speed switching, communication networks, coding and data compression, fast algorithms and devices for signal processing.