CHSE Residential College
A Living-Learning Community of CHSE Tigers
The CHSE Residential College, located in Cypress Hall, is a living-learning community for CHSE students. Residents live and learn together in reserved sections of core first-year classes. Cypress Hall houses group study and meeting rooms where supplemental instruction and tutoring opportunities are available. Academic advisors and instructors hold office hours on-site. More about Cypress Hall.
Classes offered in Cypress Hall include: ATRN 200, Engl 1001, HSE 1000, Kin 1600, Kin 2500, Tai Chi, and Yoga. These courses are only available to Cypress Hall residents.
Students residing in living-learning communities are more engaged in their studies, strengthening academic performance and learning skills and improving overall satisfaction. These results appear across a variety of institutions with diverse student populations.
Cypress Hall Advantages:
- Live and take classes, sometimes in the residence halls in the community, with their peers in Cypress, creating a smaller network within the larger LSU campus.
- Course scheduling assistance for the fall and spring semesters with space in specific courses reserved for Cypress students.
- Network with faculty members and CHSE administrators.
- Discover leadership potential, develop communication skills, acclimate to LSU culture, and transition into the college and the larger university community.
- Explore different career opportunities within each CHSE major.
- In-community tutoring, one-on-one mentoring and advising, in-hall study groups.
- Gain skills on topics like résumé writing and business etiquette for post-graduation through seminars offered through the college.
- Network with industry leaders and professionals through lectures and workshops designed to expose students to real-life experiences.
- A convenient location near the Pete Maravich Assembly Center, Huey P. Long Field House, Peabody Hall, and The 5 Dining Hall.
- Two-student, connecting style suite bathrooms, secure access to the building and floors, and several amenities, including a computer lab, laundry room, and several dedicated study areas throughout the building.
Cypress Hall provides everything students need to be successful: offices where CHSE advisors hold office hours, two classrooms, multiple study spaces, outdoor courtyards, and modern two-student, suite-bathroom style rooms in a great location on the west side of campus near the Five dining hall and athletic venues.