LMOGA/Robert R. Brooksher Memorial Scholarship
The Center for Energy Studies (CES) at Louisiana State University offers the LMOGA/Robert R. Brooksher Memorial Scholarship. This scholarship was established to honor one of the original supporters of CES. The purpose of the scholarship is to support the educational goals of LSU students interested in energy-related fields, with a particular emphasis on energy policy related to the oil and gas industry. The annual scholarship is awarded in the amount of $1,000.
The scholarship is awarded annually to a student who will be a full-time junior or senior during the upcoming fall semester, with a GPA of 3.5 or higher. Graduating seniors are not eligible. While the award will preference students interested in oil and gas-related energy policy, students from a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply, provided they are able to show past and/or current dedication to energy-related research and/or coursework.
Application & Essay Requirements
Each applicant is required to submit an essay of no more than one single-spaced page of type expressing his or her educational and career goals as they relate to energy and/or energy policy, with a particular emphasis on the oil and gas sector of the industry.
Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
- Must be U.S. citizen or a foreign national with permanent residency.
- GPA/academic achievement.
- Essay: Quality of content and writing and interest in energy and energy policy related to the oil and gas industry.
- Extracurricular activities related to or demonstrating past and ongoing interest in energy-related areas.
- Recipient will agree to provide name, résumé and contact information, and agree that the essay submission will be made available to the public.
- Recipient will be required to attend at least one CES Industry Associates Advisory Council meeting in Baton Rouge, La., on the LSU campus in order to be introduced as the Brooksher Scholarship recipient.
- Recipient will attempt to attend at least one other CES event, such as a conference or special speakers seminar.
Visit lsu.academicworks.com and log in with myLSU credentials.
Application deadline: March 1.
Scholarships are awarded each spring. Awards are issued at the start of the fall and/or spring semester each year and are processed through student accounts.