Welcome All Tigers
Your All-Access Pass is here!
Room 144 LSU Student Union
The Tiger Card is your official LSU ID card, and all Tigers are required to have one! The card also serves as an electronic key for residence halls as well as a mechanism for using your TigerCASH funds. In addition, the card allows you to use other services for which you have privileges such as libraries, UREC, athletics events, meal plans, and more!
To ensure the security of your Tiger Card, we allow each card-holder to have only one Tiger Card in their possession at any time.
- Do not give your card to anyone.
- Do not expose it to direct sunlight or heat.
- Make sure the card does not come in contact with magnetic fields or other cards containing magnetic strips.
- Do not run your card through the washing machine/dryer
*If your card is lost or stolen, you may deactivate it 24 hours a day via the website at tcard.lsu.edu to immediately stop access to your account until you find or replace your card. If you have any issues deactivating your card through the website, you may also notify our office by phone at 225-578-4300 (leave a voicemail if before or after business hours) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to our terms of agreement in reference to any misused funds.*
- If your Tiger Card is lost, stolen or damaged, there is a $20 replacement fee that can be paid by cash, check, TigerCASH, credit/debit card, or Apple Pay. All checks should be made out to Tiger Card Office.
- To obtain a new ID please have your driver’s license, state ID, military ID or passport for identification purposes. You MUST have a government issued photo ID to obtain a replacement Tiger Card.
- You will NOT be charged a replacement fee for damaged cards if you have a name or status change. For a name change, you will need to submit the necessary documents to the Registrar’s Office in Thomas Boyd Hall. Once your name is updated with their office, you will need to bring your Tiger Card that has your former name to our office, and we can issue a free replacement card with the correct name. If you cannot turn in your most current Tiger Card with your former name, there will be a $20 replacement fee.
- If your current Tiger Card is not working, you may present the card to the Tiger Card Office to determine if you are eligible for a free replacement. Only cards with no physical damage will be replaced for free.
You WILL be charged a replacement fee if:
- Your Tiger Card has been misused (torn, chewed by pet).
- Your Tiger Card is bent.
- Your Tiger Card is broken or split.
- A hole was punched or stickers are on your Tiger Card.
- Your Tiger Card is warped from heat (dashboard, clothes dryer).
Who is eligible to obtain a Tiger Card?
Any student currently registered for classes and verifiable by the Registrar’s Office is eligible for a Tiger Card. Faculty and Staff may obtain a Tiger Card once employment is verified by Human Resource Management (HRM) and submitted to the Tiger Card Office. HRM updates are typically submitted to the Tiger Card Office once per week. All persons MUST present a government issued photo ID, such as a license or passport, must be presented when receiving your first Tiger Card. No exceptions will be made.
What if I am attending an orientation session and do not have a government issued
If you attend an orientation session and do not have a government issued ID, you may use a high school ID in addition to your social security card OR your birth certificate.
What happens if I lose my Tiger Card?
If your card is lost or stolen, you may deactivate it 24 hours a day via the website at tcard.lsu.edu to immediately stop access to your account until you find or replace your card. If you have any issues deactivating your card through the website, you may also notify our office by phone at 225-578-4300 (leave a voicemail if before or after business hours) or email email@example.com. Please refer to our terms of agreement in reference to any misused funds.
How much does it cost to replace a lost or stolen ID’s?
A replacement ID costs $20 unless the person has a police report which states the ID was stolen. Payment for the replacement may be made with cash, check, TigerCASH, credit/debit card, or Apple Pay.
If I get a replacement Tiger Card, will everything still work on it immediately?
Yes, your TigerCASH, Paw Points and meal plans will take immediate effect. Access to your residence hall may be delayed as your new Tiger Card may need to be reprogrammed at the front desk of your residence hall.
My card doesn’t work in certain areas of campus (I.E. Rec. Center, Res. Halls etc.)
The Tiger Card Office can check to make sure the information on the card matches the information in our systems. If everything matches and the card is in good shape, our office can refer the student to the particular department where their card is not working. The specific department can check their system and advise the student on a resolution. In most cases, a privilege needs to be added and that department is the only one with access to add such a privilege.
What happens if my name or Social Security Number changes?
First, complete the necessary paperwork with the Registrar’s Office in Thomas Boyd Hall. For name changes, after your name is updated by the Registrar’s office, you will need to bring your Tiger Card that has your former name to our office, and we can issue a free replacement card with the correct name. If you cannot turn in your most current Tiger Card with your former name, there will be a $20 replacement fee.
What if I am eligible for two different classifications?
The highest level of classification is printed, and only one card is allowed at a time.
LSU Tiger Card Office
Louisiana State University
144 LSU Student Union
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Office Phone: (225) 578-4300
Please note that the Tiger Card Office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- TigerCASH rolls over every semester, it is your money loaded securely on the card!
- No cash withdrawals can be made from your TigerCASH Account.
- Once TigerCASH has been added through your Tiger Card online account, it will be available immediately.
- Any discrepancies in charges with a vendor should first be discussed between the vendor and student before a manager from the Tiger Card Office is involved.
- TigerCASH cannot be used for the purchase of alcohol, cigarettes, or for any transactions that violate University regulations.
- If a Tiger Card is lost and TigerCASH has been spent, the patron must open a report with LSUPD before any reconciliation be made.
- Every food/dining location on campus
- Vending machines
- Residential Laundry Rooms
- LSU Library
- Off campus Vendors (see below)