Learn About the HRM Internship Program!
The Louisiana State University Office of Human Resource Management (HRM) takes part in an academic year-round (August – May) internship program. The HRM office is located in central campus, sitting between LSU Library and the Music and Dramatic Arts building at 110 Thomas Boyd Hall. As an intern, you will work closely with managers and seasoned professionals to support projects and processes that have a direct impact on LSU employees.
We are accepting applications for the Spring 2024 semester
What does our internship program offer?
- Professional etiquette training and on-the-job training to help you succeed in your position
- Direct coaching and feedback on your performance
- Networking/mentoring opportunities
- Job responsibilities catered to your desired skills
What do you need to know about the position?
- If selected, you will need to work 10-15 hours per week. Workdays and times are flexible.
- The internships may be paid through work study; however, interns may qualify for LSU course credit (3 hours) contingent on their senior college’s approval.
About LSU’s Office of Human Resource Management
We provide leading human resource services for the flagship university to attract, develop, and retain an exceptional and diverse workforce and to strategically support the university’s mission of fostering excellence in the LSU community.
We aspire to be a regional and national model of human resources and an employer of choice through strategic partnerships as well as the development of an engaged and talented workforce.
We value a commitment to the following five principles:
- Integrity: We strive to be a model of mutual respect, honesty, and consistency. Equally important is the need to provide and maintain accurate data and quality services. Therefore, we are committed to act in accordance with our professional standards to be dependable, ethical, and to provide responsible stewardship of university resources while maintaining confidentiality.
- Collaboration: We value partnerships across the LSU community and believe that open communication and teamwork fosters engagement, innovation, and overall success.
- Transparency: We encourage open and honest two-way communication. We believe that encouraging transparency will build trust and lead to increased levels of employee engagement and retention.
- Customer Service: We strive for excellence in customer service by being solutions-oriented, resourceful, responsive, and innovative in serving our stakeholders.
- Inclusion: We value all individuals, and our ability to reach our full potential as a team and best serve our constituents is dependent on the extent to which we foster a culture of inclusion. Therefore, we are committed to promoting fair and respectful treatment of all individuals as well as providing equitable access to opportunities and resources to achieve organizational success.
To learn more, visit lsu.edu/hrm