Faculty Senate Courses & Curricula Committee
Proposals may be submitted either via hard copy through campus mail or electronically as either a PDF or Word document. Completed, signed proposals should be submitted either:
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Attn: Andrea Abad, Assistant Registrar
Office of the University Registrar
email@example.com or 225-578-4111
Proposal Forms and Supplemental Information
- Form A – Request for Addition of a new course
- Sample Syllabus
- Syllabus Outline
- Proposals that include student fees see PS-42: Student Fees. Submit the Request for Fee Establishment/Adjustment Form with your proposal.
Proposal Submission for the General Catalog
Proposals must be completed, signed and submitted to the Registrar's Office for consideration by the Courses and Curricula Committee. Proposals are reviewed in the order in which they are submitted and may be tabled to the next meeting date if time does not allow for proper review. Dates, Agendas, and Meeting Minutes are available through the Faculty Senate website.
- Proposals for inclusion in the 2024-2025 General Catalog must be fully approved by February 1, 2024. All required signatures must be obtained by this date to guarantee inclusion.
- New courses become effective for teaching purposes the next immediate semester following approval from Academic Affairs.
- Changes or drops of current courses become effective either the next immediate semester or academic year following approval from Academic Affairs. Effective dates for changes and drops are determined based on the changes requested.
- Curricular changes become effective the next academic year following approval from Academic Affairs and any additional approvals needed from either the Board of Supervisors or Board of Regents. Current proposals are being considered for the 2024-2025 academic year.