Become a volunteer
Thank you for your interest to become a part of our mission and volunteer as a tutor, presenter, or mentor. If you know a friend, colleague, or family member who might also be a great volunteer, please also encourage them to apply.
The purpose of the Upward Bound Program is to generate the academic skills and motivation that will enable each participant to complete a secondary educational program and subsequently enroll in and complete a post-secondary degree.
We believe that the primary responsibility of the Upward Bound Program is to provide successful learning experiences designed to meet the individual academic, cultural, social and vocational needs of each participant within an atmosphere that allows intellectual, physical and emotional development.
We believe in and strive to provide worthwhile activities, which will challenge each participant to achieve their fullest potential.
- Consider a two-hour commitment per week to provide academic and social support to East Baton Rouge Parish School System (EBRPSS) students during the academic year
- Provide effective high school level tutoring in your particular subject area (Advanced Math, Algebra 1 & 2, Biology 1 & 2, Chemistry, English, Geometry, History, Physics, and Spanish)
- Assist with ACT Preparation
- Consider a one- to two-hour commitment at one (or more if desired)
- Assist students with understanding and applying key concepts
- Exhibit passion and excitement for enriching the lives of young people while serving
Lead enrichment classes and attend field trips
- Consider a one- to two-hour commitment at one (or more if desired) of our events
- Exhibit passion and excitement for enriching the lives of young people
- Lead enrichment classes or attend field trips