Requesting Theses & Dissertations
Former LSU graduate students can request a complimentary PDF copy of their own thesis or dissertation (if not already available electronically through ProQuest or the LSU Digital Commons).
To place a request:
- Search for the title or author of the thesis/dissertation in the LSU Library catalog.
- Click on the appropriate title from the search results, then select the “Request Item” link from the bottom of the catalog record.
- Requestors will be prompted to create an account.
- Those no longer actively affiliated with LSU will choose “Guest,” then “First Time User” to proceed.
- When the order form appears, select the “Switch to Duplication Order” button at the top of the screen.
- Fill out the required fields, including the following fields under Order Information.
- You will receive an email notification from LSU Special Collections when the PDF file has been scanned and uploaded to your account. Requests are typically filled within 3-5 business days.
Requestors looking for an LSU thesis or dissertation other than their own can follow these instructions, but will be charged a $25 fee. Those associated with a library system that uses Interlibrary Loan (ILL) can also choose to submit a request through their own institution’s ILL department.