Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
3290H Patrick F. Taylor Hall
Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, Canada, 2012
- M.Eng., Mechanical Engineering, McGill University, Montreal, Canada, 2007
- B.Eng., Mechanical Engineering, University of Sherbrooke, Sherbooke, Canada, 2004
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, TU Delft, The Netherlands, 2014 - 2017
- Research Associate, McGill University and Bombardier Aerospace, Montreal, Canada, 2012 - 2013
- Composite materials with a focus on thermoplastic matrices
- Manufacturing, characterization and joining of composites
- Repair and recycling mechanisms
- Experimental and computational techniques
- Additive manufacturing of composites
B. Müller, G. Palardy, S.T. De Freitas, J. Sinke, “Out-of-autoclave manufacturing of GLARE panels using resistance heating”, Journal of Composite Materials, 2017, DOI: 10.1177/0021998317727592.
T. Zhao, G. Palardy, I.F. Villegas, C. Rans, M. Martinez, R. Benedictus, “Mechanical behaviour of thermoplastic composites spot-welded and mechanically fastened joints: a preliminary comparison”, Composites Part B, 112, 2017, DOI: 10.1016/j.compositesb.2016.12.028.
I.F. Villegas, G. Palardy, “Ultrasonic welding of CF/PPS composites with integrated triangular energy directors: melting, flow and weld strength development”, Composite Interfaces, 2017, 24(5), pp. 515-528, DOI: 10.1080/09276440.2017.1236626.
G. Palardy, I.F. Villegas, “On the effect of flat energy directors thickness on heat generation during ultrasonic welding of thermoplastic composites”, Composite Interfaces, 2017, 24(2), pp. 203-14, DOI: 10.1080/09276440.2016.1199149.
F. Senders, M. van Beurden, G. Palardy, I.F. Villegas, “Zero-flow: A novel approach to continuous ultrasonic welding of CF/PPS thermoplastic composite plates”, Advanced Manufacturing: Polymer and Composites Science, 2016, 2(3-4), DOI: 10.1080/20550340.2016.1253968 (open access).
G. Palardy, D. Trudel-Boucher, P. Hubert, “Investigation of a post-processing method to tailor the mechanical properties of carbon nanotube/polyamide fibres”, Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 2013, 130(6), pp. 4375-82, DOI: 10.1002/app.39713.
G. Palardy, P. Hubert, E. Ruiz, M. Haider, L. Lessard, “Numerical simulations for class A surface finish in resin transfer moulding process”, Composites Part B, 2012, 43(2), p. 819-24, DOI:10.1016/j.compositesb.2011.06.002.
L. Khoun, G. Palardy, P. Hubert, “Relation between volumetric changes of unsaturated polyester resin and surface finish quality of fiberglass/unsaturated polyester composite panels”, Polymer Composites, 2011, 32(9), p. 1473-80, DOI:10.1002/pc.21157.
G. Palardy, P. Hubert, M. Haider, L. Lessard, “Optimization of RTM processing parameters for Class A surface finish”, Composites Part B, 2008, 39(7-8), p. 1280-6, DOI:10.1016/j.compositesb.2007.12.003.