Assistant Professor of Mechanical Engineering
3290E Patrick F. Taylor Hall
Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2018
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, North Carolina State University, 2014
- B. Eng., Mechanical Engineering, Universirty of Ilorin, Nigeria, 2011
- Postdoctoral Appointee, Argonne National Laboratory, 2019 - 2021
- ORISE Postdoctoral Fellow, National Energy Technology Laboratory, 2018
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Turbulent combustion
- Scientific machine learning (SciML)
- Engineering design optimization
- Reduced-order modeling and digital twinning
- High-performance computing (HPC)
- Biofluid dynamics
- Owoyele, Opeoluwa, and Pinaki Pal. "ChemNODE: A Neural Ordinary Differential Equations Framework for Efficient Chemical Kinetic Solvers." Energy and AI (2021): 100118.
- Owoyele, Opeoluwa, Prithwish Kundu, and Pinaki Pal. "Efficient bifurcation and tabulation of multi-dimensional combustion manifolds using deep mixture of experts: An a priori study." Proceedings of the Combustion Institute 38.4 (2021): 5889-5896.
- Badra, Jihad A., et al. "Engine combustion system optimization using computational fluid dynamics and machine learning: a methodological approach." Journal of Energy Resources Technology 143.2 (2021): 022306
- Owoyele, Opeoluwa, and Pinaki Pal. "A novel machine learning-based optimization algorithm (ActivO) for accelerating simulation-driven engine design." Applied Energy 285 (2021): 116455.
- Owoyele, Opeoluwa, and Tarek Echekki. "Toward computationally efficient combustion DNS with complex fuels via principal component transport." Combustion Theory and Modelling 21.4 (2017): 770-798.
- Owoyele, Opeoluwa, Scott Ferguson, and Brendan T. O’Connor. "Performance analysis of a thermoelectric cooler with a corrugated architecture." Applied energy 147 (2015): 184-191.