Ali Kazemian, Ph.D.
Holder of J.W. "Billy" and Janice Maxey Guitreau Professorship
3319 Patrick F. Taylor Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Ph.D., Civil Engineering (Robotic Construction), University of Southern California (USC), California, 2018
M.Sc., Computer Science, University of Southern California (USC), California, 2017
M.Sc., Construction Engineering and Management, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Iran, 2012
B.Sc., Civil Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Iran, 2010
Assistant Professor, Bert S. Turner Department of Construction Management, Louisiana State University, 2020- now.
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Division of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Louisiana State University, 2022- now.
Senior Research and Development Engineer, Contour Crafting Corporation, 2017-2020.
Graduate Research Assistant, Contour Crafting lab, University of Southern California, 2014-2018.
Graduate Teaching Assistant, Department of Computer Science, University of Southern California, 2017-2018.
Graduate Research Assistant, Pennsylvania State University (Penn State), 2014.
- Terrestrial and Extraterrestrial Robotic Construction (Construction Automation)
- Construction-scale 3D Printing
- Real-time Construction Quality Monitoring and Control Using Advanced Sensory Systems and Embedded Computers
- Reality Capture Technologies for Automated Construction Monitoring
- Advanced Construction Materials
- “A roadmap for quality control of hardening and hardened printed concrete”, V Mechtcherine, K van Tittelboom, A Kazemian, E Kreiger, B Nematollahi, et al., Cement and Concrete Research 157, 2022. Link
- “Computer vision for real-time extrusion quality monitoring and control in robotic construction”, A Kazemian, X Yuan, O Davtalab, B Khoshnevis, Automation in Construction 101, 92-98, 2019. Link
- “Real-time extrusion quality monitoring techniques for construction 3D printing”, A Kazemian, B Khoshnevis, Construction and Building Materials 303, 2021. Link
- “Perspectives on a BIM-integrated software platform for robotic construction through Contour Crafting”, O Davtalab, A Kazemian, B Khoshnevis, Automation in Construction 89, 13-23, 2018. Link
- “Concrete 3D Printing: Challenges and Opportunities for the Construction Industry”, A Kazemian, E Seylabi, M Ekenel, Book chapter (Innovation in Construction: A Practical Guide to Transforming the Construction Industry), Springer, 277-299, 2022. Link
- “Cementitious materials for construction-scale 3D printing: Laboratory testing of fresh printing mixture”, A Kazemian, X Yuan, E Cochran, B Khoshnevis, Construction and Building Materials 145, 639-647, 2017. Link
For a complete list of publications: View Google Scholar page