About the Search Process
- Search announced, initial call for nominations and recommendations.
- Search committee named, additional call for nominations and recommendations.
- Russell Reynolds Associates selected to support the search committee.
- Search Kickoff: Provost provides charge to the committee. Committee meets with Greenwood/Asher & Associates and HRM to discuss search process, timeline, and job description.
- Feedback incorporated into key search documents
- Unconscious bias training for search committee; training for diversity advocate
- Position advertisement and job description drafted and distributed
- Continued requests for nominations and recommendations.
- Nominees and prospects are contacted. Applications are received and reviewed.
- Prospect Review Meeting: Search advisory committee discusses all candidates and nominates
candidates to move to interviewing phase for Provost’s consideration.
- Round-One Interviews: Search advisory committee interviews selected candidates
- Referencing and initial background checks conducted
- Provost reviews and approves search advisory committee recommendations for on-campus
- On-campus visits/interviews
- Final Meeting: search advisory committee provides feedback on finalists to the Provost
- Offer is made to candidate, contract is signed.
- Internal announcements and press release about hired candidate. Transition begins.
Target start date of July 1, 2023