hero image

Faculty Resources


Review the full process to secure an event date with the production office and submit necessary details.

All events must go through the full Event Planning Process individually, even if already scheduled in a prior planning session. Failure to follow the process may result in loss of staff support for your event.

Review Event Planning Process


Please note that some evaluations, such as the barrier assessment, will ask for you to enter your myLSU credentials before proceeding. If you already signed in recently, e.g. to Moodle, this step happens automatically.

Students and faculty may use this form to request collaborative pianist services for an upcoming performance or event. Requests will be sent to the collaborative pianist coordinator, who will follow up with you on the request.




Use this form to make simple reservations of a room for occurrences such as rehearsals, lectures, meetings, or self-recording sessions. Rooms must be reserved to be used.

Do NOT use this form to make reservations for official School of Music events, such as faculty recitals, guest artist performances, or ensemble concerts.

Room Reservation Request Form

Request repairs, tuning, and other piano-related services.

Piano Services Request Form

Students, faculty, and staff within the College of Music & Dramatic Arts may request card-based access to the Music & Dramatic Arts Building, School of Music, and/or Tiger Band Hall.

  • Access requests will be approved on a case-by-case basis by the appropriate CMDA staff member(s).
  • If approved, access is not necessarily immediate. Facility Services must finalize the request.
  • If you lose or replace your Tiger Card, access will be lost and a new request will need to be submitted.

Building Access Request Form

Report any maintenance issues, such as leaks, burned-out lighting, or climate control problems.

For an emergency situation such as flooding, please call (225) 578-2327 instead of submitting this form.

Facility Services Request Form

Report problems or request services related to property and equipment (e.g., instruments, tools), such as moving or surplussing an asset, off campus storage, etc.

The property management form is temporarily unavailable. Please contact the appropriate staff directly if you have an issue or need.

All requests for keys must be made using the form below. University policy requires that all permanently-issued keys must be issued by the LSU Office of Facility Services. For needs lasting only a short period of time (i.e., not longer than a week), keys may be issued locally and will be reviewed and approved on an individual basis.

Key Request Form

Request locker space to store your instrument in the School of Music or Music & Dramatic Arts building. You must be an LSU student actively enrolled in Music courses to take advantage of this resource.

Locker Request Form


Here are some steps to take before contacting tech support:

  1. Make sure the device(s) is/are plugged in and connected securely.
  2. Run fewer software applications at the same time. Try closing down applications that are not being actively used.
  3. Restart the device. Turning the device off and back on refreshes the computer's systems and often fixes many one-time glitches.
  4. Free up hard disk space. Uninstall unnecessary programs and move archive files that are not regularly used to an external storage location.
  5. Verify that your operating system and applications are up to date.

If you have tried these steps without resolving the issue, it is time to contact your departmental IT support staff.

LSU’s Department of Information Technology hosts a database of how-to instructions for fixing many computer problems. This database is known as GROK.


To have access to the LSU network, all devices must be authenticated. The method is different for devices using a physical (hardwire) connection versus a wireless (eduroam) connection.

Wired Device Instructions  

Wireless Device Instructions

Provide information about your department-issued computer(s) for the CMDA Computer Database. This information will be used to inform our college's upgrade cycle.

Computer Registration Form


If you would like to request a computer hardware purchase outside of the regular cycle, please use the form below.


If you have attempted the troubleshooting steps above and are still unable to resolve your technology problem, your next step will be to contact one of the following, depending on the type of issue.

  • Faculty Technology Center (FTC)
  • University Systems
    Contact the LSU ITS Service Desk
    • Examples of university systems include LSU Mail, Moodle, Workday, Mainframe, Microsoft Teams, and Faculty 365.
    • Email servicedesk@lsu.edu
    • Phone: (225) 578-3375
  • Departmental Systems
    Contact Departmental Technical Service Provider (TSP)
    • Examples of departmental systems include local servers and access to Box cloud storage.
  • Departmental Hardware
    Contact Departmental Technical Service Provider (TSP)
    • Examples of departmental hardware include classroom computers and audio/visual equipment.

Phishing is when malicious actors pose as a legitimate person or enterprise, for the purpose of stealing private information including (but not limited to) usernames and passwords, Social Security Numbers (SSN), and banking information.

Report any phishing attempts or other IT security concerns to security@lsu.edu.

LSU provides Microsoft Office and several other common software programs for the use of faculty, staff and students using a delivery system called Tigerware.

Access Tigerware

Faculty and staff needing to request new software procurements or renew licenses can do so using the Software Purchase Request.

Software Purchase Request

If supplies are low or out, contact the departmental office manager for your area:

If you need drivers installed to print, please submit a Technology Service Request Form.

If there is a physical malfunction or maintenance is needed, contact Copier Management.

Training is available for how to use our new copiers:

Copier Training Video

Visit the page linked below to learn how to request minor updates or report errors regarding the CMDA, School of Music, School of Theatre, and Department of Bands websites.