Business Networking Reception
This networking reception is an opportunity for students and alumni to connect with employers in a more intimate setting than Career Expo provides, and to continue conversations from Career Expo. Students and alumni interested in careers in business-related industries will attend this event.
Date: March 1, 2023
Time: 5–7 p.m.
Location: LSU E.J. Ourso College of Business Rotunda
Thank You to Our Business Reception Event Sponsor
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Read our Sponsorship Information below!
Student and Alumni Event Information
This event is open to current students of LSU System campuses and alumni from the Baton Rouge campus. Pre-registration is not required.
Preparing for the Event
Building your network is a never-ending experience, and you can't start too early. The more people you know, the more opportunities you will have. Events like this networking reception and the Career Expo are great opportunities for you to practice networking and see what a recruiting event is like before the pressure is on to secure an internship or job in the future.
Drop-In Hours for Resume Critiques and Career Expo Week Prep
- Get your resume prepared for the expo by downloading a resume template then drop by for some tips. Our coaches can also help you learn how to approach employers and have a great experience at Career Expo and networking receptions. (dates coming soon)
Career Expo Prep Week Workshops and Group Appointments
- Get tips on networking while learning how to make the most of the networking reception and Career Expo. (dates coming soon)
- Practice your elevator pitch using our guide and template. This is the quick intro you will share with employers when first meeting them at this reception and Career Expo.
- View the employers attending and their job openings in Handshake. Draft questions you have about companies and opportunities. Then, read up on the mission statement of the company, services or products they provide, and any industry trends. With this information your questions and elevator pitch will be sure to impress! If possible, apply to any jobs you are interested in before the reception or Career Expo.
- Job Seekers: Consider bringing a few copies of your resume. Not all employers will be able to take a copy for HR reasons, but some may be open to it. Build your resume using our online resources and templates.
Business casual attire is strongly recommended, students seeking jobs or internships may benefit from wearing business professional attire.
Employers who register later than two weeks prior to the event (including sponsors and/or employer partners) will not be featured on the student handout, as we will have already submitted these items to be printed.
How to register:
Please note: Payment instructions will be sent to you via email within one week of your registration submission. Questions? Contact Courtney Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please review the Business Networking Reception Event Packet for details and deadlines.
- Make a lasting impression on students by registering for Exclusive Sponsorship Opportunities!
- Please also review the Event Refund, Cancellation, and Weather Policy
- By registering for this event, you confirm that all employer representatives have read and agree to the information and policies on our Employer Policies web-page.
- Pop up banners, displays, signage and balloons are not permitted at this event.
- The room will be set up by the Career Center staff with sign holders indicating where each company’s networking space is located. Tables and chairs will not be used at this event to encourage active networking, with the exception of Event Sponsors and Corporate Partners who will have a bistro table available as part of their sponsorship benefit.
- Refreshments will NOT be served throughout the event, to encourage active participation.
Registration fee is $100.
Elevate student awareness of your organization and hiring opportunities while improving students’ experiences through event sponsorship!
- Your organization’s table is located in a Preferred Placement on the event floor, based on high student traffic areas and event space availability. Placement is at the discretion of the LSU Olinde Career Center.
- Your organization is promoted as an Event Sponsor on the Business Networking Reception event web page, and in all student and employer emails promoting the Business Networking Reception.
- Your organization is recognized as an Event Sponsor during the event on sponsor signage at student check-in, on the student event handout, and is pictured and tagged in an @LSUCareerCenter social media post related to the event.
Sponsorship for this event is $600 and can be selected during registration.