The LSUCIA program begins in January and ends in December. It follows a continuous improvement model that seeks new ways to deliver academic instruction and bring real-world best practices to its students. Instruction consists of activity-based learning that can:
- Add value
- Facilitate change
- Assess risk
- Enhance corporate governance
- Improve business processes
The Center for Internal Auditing consists of three-to-five courses with an emphasis in internal auditing. Students must take a minimum of three courses to be considered as qualifying for the specialization designation. Several departments have differing course requirements for an internal auditing specialization. Please contact email@example.com for specifics.
- Graduate students admitted to any LSU graduate program are eligible to register for the program.
- Undergraduate enrollment is open to students in any major; a minimum 3.0 GPA or 3.0 in the last 30 hours is required.
- Practitioners are welcome in either the graduate or undergraduate program.
- To register, a student needs to be enrolled at LSU, Baton Rouge as a full-time student or non-degree seeking student.
Certified Internal Audit Designation Preparation
A by-product of the Center for Internal Auditing Program is preparation for the CIA exam. Many students that have graduated from the program have passed all three parts of the exam. LSU students have won the Dr. Glenn E. Sumners International Student Highest Achievement Award, given to the student who scores the highest on the CIA exam, 19 times during the last 28 years. The LSUCIA Program has extended its certification coverage to include:
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
The LSUCIA program pioneers internal audit education methodologies and shares with schools interested in developing internal auditing courses and programs.
The LSU Center for Internal Auditing is committed to providing quality internal audit education to students from a variety of academic disciplines and ethnic backgrounds.